August 12, 2010

My Favorite Place

Well, I'm in one of my favorite places in all the world- Pigeon Forge, TN. You are probably thinking that I'm totally sheltered if this "Myrtle Beach in the Smoky Mountains" is a favorite place of mine. Don't get me wrong- I love New York City with a passion that I can hardly put into words (I'll save that one for another post). I adore London, England and everywhere I've ever been in Canada.
Pigeon Forge is one of my favorite places because of what it means to me. It means a long weekend of precious time with my mom. We've been coming here for about 20 years. My granny used to come with us but since her heart attack many years ago, she stays home. We shop at the outlets, eat so much good food that it hurts, and just spend time together. We laugh and talk about everything. I believe that we actually solve 99.9% of the world's problems during these annual excursions, but no one will listen to us.
It's just an amazing weekend full of life & love. I know that these weekends are going to be some of the most precious memories I'll have when the time comes that we can't come here together anymore. So, I'm posting this from one of the best places in the world. Good night & God bless!

1 comment: