August 1, 2010

To Lose or Not to Lose...

My friends & family know that I don't generally make too much of a fuss about my physical appearance. I'm not into the latest fashion trends and don't wear make-up. I'm pretty low maintenance. However, I have one complaint- my weight.
Now, what woman doesn't worry or struggle with her weight? Pretty much every lady I know has fought this battle. Some of have succeeded and some have not. I fall into the have not category. In college, I was at a personally satisfying weight. I was also more active then than I am now which helped keep it under control. I'm not obese, but I am overweight according to my doctor (and my mirror when I step out of the shower).
I love food and I'm lazy. Not a good combination when you struggle with your weight. Hubby and I both need to lose several pounds and are trying to get motivated. I may have found some motivation- Weight Watchers.
When I lived in Flo-Town, a co-worker shared a "bootleg" copy of the Weight Watchers point system with me. Her sister was on the WW program and shared the information with her. So she shared it with several of us. I must say that I was never so conscientious of what I ate as I was when I knew I needed to make every point count. I made a few small changes back then that have stayed with me even now. But like so many other things, I dropped the ball and got wrapped up in life.
Now, I need to make some changes and need to be held accountable. So I've been researching Weight Watchers. I'm seriously thinking about breaking out the checkbook and going to a meeting this week. I've found a location close to home that meets at a convenient time. I'm wondering if a support group will help motivate me. I figure that it won't hurt.
Anyone have any WW experiences to share? I'd love to hear what you think. Now, here's to losing a few pounds!

1 comment:

  1. WW was a great experience for me! The leader was wonderful and I made friends at the meetings that I still keep in touch with today! I also have some bootleg WW stuff to send your way if you need it!

    ReplyDelete